We live in an age where celebrities seem to have an abundance of everything – wealth, fame, luxury and style. However, some of today’s biggest stars are turning to something far more meaningful than just high fashion labels; they’re now looking towards sustainable fashion in order to make their mark. This article will be focussing on the trend of celebrities rocking eco-friendly styles, making these eco-conscious icons role models to the public not just in what they wear, but in how they treat the planet.
1. A Revolution in Conscious Dressing: Sustainable Style Icons
Fast fashion: a costly business model
Once upon a time, clothing was made to last. It was tailored to fit, often handmade, cherished, and passed down from generation to generation. Yet somewhere along the line, the fashion industry acquired a reputation of being wasteful and constantly changing – with consumers pressured into adopting the ‘latest trends’. Nowadays, disposable fashion is commonplace, with clothes made more cheaply and quickly, often in questionable working conditions.
Breaking New Ground
Separate to this mainstream industry is a burgeoning movement born from a desire for change. Loyal to a more ethical focus, these stylish individuals are embracing sustainable fashion and leading a revolution in conscious dressing. These sustainable style icons:
- forever challenge the status quo
- inspire many to think outside the box
- seek to prove that better fashion is possible
Less a trend than a celebration of honest craftsmanship, these individuals march to the beat of their own melody, carefully selecting timeless, one-of-a-kind pieces. They shine a dazzling new light on ethical fashion, shining brighter than ever before on red carpets all over the world.
The garments of these eco-friendly icons prove that ethical fashion isn’t at odds with looking good, it just means showing respect for ourselves and our environment. Fashion might be fleeting, but thanks to these eco-style rebels, it doesn’t need to be wasteful.
2. Eco-Friendly Celebrities: Who’s Wearing Sustainable Clothing?
With an ever-growing need for environmental awareness, celebrities have been taking the lead in promoting sustainable clothing. In doing so, they are bringing more attention to eco-friendly fashion trends, and inspiring millions of people to join in.
Cate Blanchett has been a powerful advocate for sustainable fashion since 2013, and is proudly dedicated to promoting fair employment and eco-friendly fabric practices. In 2017, she attended the MET Gala in a stunning Givenchy dress made from sustainable fabrics.
Charlize Theron loves sporting clothes made from Eco-friendly fabrics like organic cotton and hemp. Earlier this year, she donned a figure-hugging, full-length Stella McCartney gown for the Oscars. And when it comes to everyday wear, Charlize insists on wearing brands that specialize in sustainable clothing.
Other Big Names sporting sustainable clothing include:
- Leonardo DiCaprio: He often sports eco-friendly brands like Reformation.
- Emma Watson: She’s a fan of sustainable fashion designer Stella McCartney.
- Chrissy Teigen: She recently donned an Organic by John Patrick jumpsuit.
- Meghan Markle: During her visit to Fiji, she wore a dress made from a blend of bamboo, organic cotton and hemp.
It’s clear that eco-friendly fashion is here to stay. As more people join the sustainable fashion revolution, we can slowly make a difference to the planet.
3. Making a Statement: Stars Who Stand For Eco-Friendly Fashion
Eco-friendly fashion is transforming the way the industry works. Stars are playing a major role in promoting this lifestyle, helping to raise awareness about responsible clothing that is made from sustainable materials. These leading figures make a statement with their style, showing that it can be fashionable, eco-friendly, and comfortable.
Our favorite stars in eco-friendly fashion include:
- Emma Watson: She uses her platform to campaigns for sustainability and has been seen in several eco-friendly fashion designs.
- Katharine McPhee: She loves to wear sustainable fashion on the red carpet and is often seen rocking ethical pieces.
- Alison Brie: She is an avid fan of green fashion and is seen wearing it out and about.
- Diane Kruger: She always remembers to mix sustainability and fashion, making beautiful eco-conscious outfits.
These stars help to show that eco-friendly fashion is both stylish and accessible. They also prioritize sourcing designers that specialize in ethical fashion. They understand the importance of where our clothing comes from, and how it can be made responsibly and be fashionable at the same time.
Eco-friendly fashion isn’t just about being sustainable — it’s also about focusing on comfort and quality. The right materials and design can create a look that is timeless, comfortable, and fashionable. Watching these stars embrace ecologically conscious fashion helps show that it is possible to create and wear fashionable clothing without contributing to environmental decline.
4. Less is More: Sustainable Fashion From Go-to Trendsetters
Sustainable fashion has been slowly gaining ground lately among top trendsetters. With the increased awareness of environmental and ethical issues surrounding the apparel industry, there has been a rise in demand for aesthetically pleasing fashion pieces made responsibly. Many of our favorite go-to trendsetters are taking the opportunity to lead the transformation in sustainable fashion. Here are four of them that are setting fashion trends, all while being conscious of their environmental and ethical footprints.
- Prada: Prada has been at the forefront of responsible fashion since 2018 when they launched the Re-Nylon project with the goal of eliminating the use of fossil-based nylon from their products. They are also a partner of the Fashion Pact, an alliance of fashion houses with the shared goal of contributing to the environment’s well-being.
- H&M: As a company long emphasizing mass-market fashion at a fraction of the cost, H&M has taken the plunge into sustainable fashion by launching its Conscious Collection. The clothing features organic cotton, recycled polyester, and Tencel lyocell fabrics that have been fiber-dyed using eco-friendly processes.
- Tommy Hilfiger: Tommy Hilfiger has released its “Collection of Conscious” made up of seventeen pieces in collaboration with their longtime partner Sustainable Apparel Coalition. Using innovative techniques and materials, the collection focuses on giving back to the planet by using recycled and organic materials and “closing the loop” of excess fashion waste.
- Reformation: Reformation is a leader in sustainable fashion and has always had sustainability at the core of its vision. Their brands focus on using eco-friendly materials such as deadstock and repurposed vintage fabrics to reduce their environmental impact. Many of their pieces are designed to be both chic and timeless, for a look that won’t ever go out of style.
The fashion industry has pushed sustainability to the forefront while staying true to their labels’ identities and aesthetics. Brands such as Prada, H&M, Tommy Hilfiger, and Reformation have done a great job in showing that fashion isn’t exclusive from responsibility.
From designer pieces to ready-to-wear garments, support these leading trendsetters in their campaigns for sustainability and choose fashion that is both stylish and conscious of the environment.
5. Spreading the Word: Environmental Advocates in the Fashion World
In today’s world, fashion and sustainability must go hand-in-hand. Environmental advocates play a vital role in making the fashion world a greener, fairer, and more sustainable place. Here are five ways in which they are making a difference:
- Raising Awareness: Environmental advocates are key in educating the fashion industry and wider public on the negative impacts and environmental damage caused by the industry as well as promoting sustainable alternatives.
- Encouraging Change: Through their activism, environmental advocates are steadily prodding the fashion industry to improve their practices and shift towards a more sustainable model.
- Advancing Solutions: Environmental advocates are continuing to champion the development of more sustainable materials and production methods as well as encouraging brands to adopt ethical sourcing solutions.
- Influencing Legislation: Environmental advocates are pushing for governments to introduce more stringent laws and regulations in order to curb the fashion industry’s environmental and social impacts.
- Demonstrating Leadership: Environmental advocates have been leading by example, engaging in thoughtful dialogue and positive action in order to bring about a more sustainable apparel industry.
The actions of environmental advocates are beginning to bear fruit in the fashion world but there is still much more that needs to be done. It is essential that the environmental advocates and activists continue their admirable work to help to ensure a bright, sustainable, and ethical fashion future.
Celebrities around the world have certainly been showing their support for sustainable fashion lately, and have set a stunning example for us all. Let us follow in their eco-friendly footsteps and help environment. To sum it up, the celebrities have started a new and stylish trend in the world of fashion: sustainable fashion!