As the days grow shorter and the nights become longer, your wardrobe should adapt too. In order to stay comfortable, it’s essential to keep your clothing in tune with the changing of the season. With that, here are a few creative fashion tips to help you beat the cold this winter with style and class.
1. Beat the Heat with Breathable Summer Garments
Nothing can ruin summer adventures quite like a sultry heat wave! Being out in the sunshine has its charms – only up until a certain point. Whether you’re hiking a trail in the great outdoors, spending a weekend at the beach, or just running errands in town, make sure you have the best apparel to beat the heat.
- Lightweight Fabrics – Roaming outdoor activities will be a breeze when you invest in light fabrics like cotton and linen. Transparent materials like organza and mesh are fashionable this summer, and provide breathability while keeping your cool style intact.
- Different Styles – From sleeveless tops to wide- leg pants, allow air-flow within your clothing by investing in clothes with larger cuts. Subtle shoulder cutouts add a chic touch to kurtas, while lightweight palazzos can be paired with a variety of tops.
- Fundamentals – Pick out a trusty pair of espadrilles for your summer-friendly footwear. Look for open shoes like mules or sandals, rather than boots or sneakers, for extra airflow around your soles.
Starting your dress-up game with the right kind of fabric will ensure more comfort and style. Accesssorize your looks with shimmery capes and funky hats to add to your aura of summertime chic. Upgrade your wardrobe to handle the heat and you’ll be able to make the most of every moment in the sun!
2. Making the Most of Layering in Cooler Months
The most effective way to stay warm in cooler months is layering. But how should you layer your outfit? Most of us tend to be already familiar with the principal idea of adding several thinner layers under in an effort to create warmth. But there are loads of ways to spice it up and make your winter look fashionable and cosy at the same time.
First, start with the basics. A thin turtleneck, a cotton shirt, linen jumpsuit or viscose dress, – pick whatever feels comfortable to you and layer it with a cardigan or a shirt. This will include a sum of warmth without taking away from the stylishness of your look.
- Experiment with Silhouettes – add more volume and dimension to your look by layering looser shapes over tight ones, such as an oversized cardigan over a dress or an XXL sweater over a jumpsuit.
- Let The Fabrics Be Your Guide – for example, if you want to keep your ensemble as lightweight as possible, pair elements like cotton and linen with silk, chiffon, or lace creating an airy mix.
Third, to keep your look winter-ready, add a coat or a statement blazer over the top layer. But be sure to keep it open, for the outfit to remain both chic and breathable. To finish off your outfit, choose the accessories that fit best with your layered look. Chunky knitted scarfs, berets, gloves, and bags are always a great option! And don’t forget to be creative, you never know what great product you can come up with!
3. Get Creative with Accessories to Match the Season
Switching up accessories is an easy way to stay on trend throughout the different seasons. Different fabrics, textures and colors work best in spring, summer, autumn, and winter.
- Spring: Floral headbands, lightweight scarves and straw hats are great accessories for the new season.
- Summer: Tortoiseshell sunglasses, a beaded handbag and multicolored sandals make the most of your summer wardrobe.
- Autumn: Chunky scarves and knitted headbands in warm colors are must-haves for the cooler months. A classic tweed coat is also a great layer for the autumnal chill.
- Winter: For wintertime, exaggerate your favorite accessories with oversized mittens, unique gloves, camel hats, and wool scarves.
Your look is all about having fun with it, so why not try new combinations? Have a think about varying styles, fabrics and colors to match the season. When it’s cold, pair your bright summer-dress with a cozy knit sweater and ankle boots. In winter, mix silk and velvet for a luxurious combination.
The key to acing the seasonal looks isn’t about buying trendy accessories, it’s about picking the classics you love and experimenting with them in unexpected ways. You can be as daring or as classic as you want and make the most of the look you’re going for.
4. Dressing for Rainy Days
can be a challenge, but that doesn’t mean you have to look like a drowned rat. Here are some tips for putting together an umbrella-ready outfit:
- Prepare for puddles: Don’t spend your day jumping from one dry spot to the next. Be sure to select shoes that can hold up against a little water. Select styles with natural materials like suede, leather or canvas.
- Ready for the elements: Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need a coat and an umbrella all the time. A shawl or waterproof windbreaker might be just as protective. Look for lightweight materials that won’t weigh you down.
- Be waterproof: Waterproof accessories can be a saving grace on rainy days. Waterproof bags, ponchos, and boots will help you keep your look feeling fabric-fresh.
The key is to be prepared. Never dismiss a fashion trend, even if the weather doesn’t seem to agree with it. Accessorize with versatile pieces and layering, and you’re guaranteed to stay fashionable and stay dry.
Remember that a rainy day doesn’t have to put a damper on your style. Blend fashion and function to create your perfect rainy-day look!
5. Winter Wardrobes: Layer Up in Style!
Winter is here and it’s time to layer up in style! From chic puffer jackets and wool sweaters to luxurious fur coats and cashmere stoles, there are countless winter wardrobe must-haves that will ensure you look fabulous no matter what the weather.
- Down Jackets: Down jackets are the ultimate in cold weather comfort and are perfect for chilly days. Look for down jackets that have a fitted waist and come in shades of black, navy, and grey. Finish off the look with a thick scarf and a pair of cozy gloves.
- Wool Sweaters: Wool sweaters are a timeless classic and a winter wardrobe must-have. Choose a fitted wool sweater in a neutral shade or go bold with a bright patterned sweater. Make sure to layer up by adding a longline coat and a pair of boots.
For those special occasions, a luxurious fur coat creates an unforgettable look. Opt for a classic mink or Shearling fur coat in a hue of brown or black. Or try something a little different with a modern faux-fur coat.
No winter wardrobe is complete without a classic cashmere stole. The perfect finishing touch for any cold weather outfit, a cashmere stole will add a hint of sophistication to any ensemble. Look for a cashmere stole in timeless buckled style or choose a tunic version for an effortlessly chic look.
Taking care of yourself and dressing well for the weather is something you can do easily. You just have to be aware of the details, like material, style, color and trends of what is fashion in each season. So use these tips and dress according to the climate and you’ll be the most fashionable in any weather condition. Have a great season!