With the most glamorous red carpets and award shows of the year just around the corner, there is no better time to pay homage to the celebrity style moments that have us talking. From the daringly bold to the glamorous and chic, this article takes you through the very best looks of the past year. Get inspired as we look back on some of the most stunning and impressive ensembles that have graced the red carpet.
1. Radiating Red Carpet Glamour: Celebrating the Best Celebrity Style Moments
From plunging necklines to dynamic puff sleeves, these iconic celebrities dazzled the red carpet in enviably chic style. Whether it is Rihanna, Blake Lively, or Kendall Jenner, their fabulous looks have been inspiring fashion lovers for years. Let’s take a look at some of the best celebrity style moments:
Rihanna has been inspiring us with her loud and proud fashion statements since years. She continues to challenge traditional fashion rules with her colorful Prada ensembles and her voluminous frocks.
Blake Lively consistently experiments with unique silhouettes, prints, and textures. She masters the art of combining colors and fabrics to make a statement and looks equally beautiful in a red Valentino gown or beige Chanel number.
Kendall Jenner has stunned us with her innate sense of style. She chooses sowing-skimming couture creations decorated with statement detailing. She always adds a chunky boots or a pair of platform heels to make her look extra-special.
- Rihanna exemplified drama in a dramatic off-the-shoulder pink ruffle dress in 2017.
- Blake Lively wore a Missoni floral dress in sunny yellow-orange in 2019.
- Kendall Jenner embraced minimalism in a strapless beige mini dress in 2018.
These striking celebrity style moments have definitely inspired us to step out of our comfort zones and try something new. But we can be assured that each one of us can own these red carpet looks with our own unique spin!
2. Sparkle and Shine: Celebrities Bringing Elegance and Sophistication to the Red Carpet
Celebrities know how to master the art of turning heads on the red carpet. When we look back at the most iconic red carpet looks, one thing is for sure: it takes a lot of confidence and a bit of sparkle and shine to make an impact. Some of fashion’s biggest design houses bring out the best in their celebrities admirers. Here’s how they do it:
- Circle-skirted Formal Dresses – These classic glam looks are perfect for Oscars night. We’ve seen stars like Drew Barrymore wearing stunning Giorgio Armani Prive gowns, and Rihanna rocking a showstopping, sparkly pink strapless dress for the Met Gala.
- Sequins – On the red carpet, a little shine can go a long way. From bold hues to pastels, sequins bring a subtle elegance and glamour to an evening look. Celebrities like Gigi Hadid and Cara Delevingne have mastered the art of wearing sequins with aplomb.
Beyond the wardrobe, hairstyles also play an important role in a red carpet look. Wearing your hair up can be the perfect accompaniment to a formal gown, with fashion It-girls like Kendall Jenner favouring classic updos like buns, or braided-inspired styles. For pulled-back locks, nothing says glamour like an ornate accessory to give it a finishing touch. Styled to perfection with a bejewelled headband or sparkling clips, hair turns into an eye-catching piece of art.
However you choose to dress up for the occasion, whether it’s a full-on sparkly extravaganza or a sleek and sophisticated silhouette, the red carpet look that you create will always be unforgettable.
3. Making a Statement: Show-stopping Looks from the Most Recognizable Stars
Throughout Hollywood’s history, the brightest stars have set trends in fashion that have gone on to inspire others across the world. Making a statement on the red carpet is a must for the most recognizable stars:
- Rihanna started the early 2010s fashion movement with her signature puffy sleeve and crop top ensembles.
- Jennifer Lawrence mixes classic silhouettes with modern fabric choice to create her own unique look.
- GQ’s Man of the Year, Zayn Malik can turn heads in a basic monochrome look, skipping accessories and still making an impact.
Who can forget the 2014 Met Gala, which showcased some of the boldest looks in red carpet history? Cate Blanchett’s shimmering Maison Margiela gown, the daringly sheer lace blouse Rihanna wore, and Lupita Nyong’o’s magnificent pastel cape gown were just some of the show-stopping looks from the night’s biggest stars.
Setting trends is nothing new to Hollywood, with some of cinema’s biggest stars inspiring fans with their sartorial choices throughout the decades. Think of Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s iconic black Givenchy dress or Grace Kelly’s satin gloves that she won the Academy Award for Best Actress in. These looks have carved their place in red carpet history as statement-making and timeless.
4. Flaunting their Finest: Iconic Red Carpet Style Transformations
Fashion has been pivotal in helping us remember some of the most iconic red carpet events in history. From timeless gowns to dapper three-piece suits, it’s no wonder some celebs have been able to transform their red carpet style and draw enormous attention.
Below are a few of the amazing transformations stars have made on the red carpet:
- Angelina Jolie: Jolie shocked the world when she donned a breathtakingly timeless Atelier Versace dress at the 86th Academy Awards. Her bold choice of white contrasted with the traditional black gowns that dominated the night. The gown is iconic to this day, and Angelina Jolie has transformed from a “girl next door” type to a classic beauty.
- Kate Middleton: The Duchess of Cambridge also had an insane makeover at the 2017 BAFTA Film Awards. She wowed on the red carpet in a beautiful black Alexander McQueen dress that had a stunning small train. She kept the look classic with a diamond tiara and a pair of earrings.
- Michelle Obama: The former first lady of the United States has also made waves on the red carpet. At the 2017 State Dinner, she donned a sparkling topaz sequin shirt and white ball gown by Filipino designer, Michael Boyer. She offers a modern twist to traditional red carpet style.
These iconic fashion choices have catapulted the celebs to new heights and can be seen as a marker in their journey to more glamorous red carpet styles. With only their style transformations, they have been able to make a lasting impression and inspire hoards of celebrity fashion fans across the globe.
5. Red Carpet Glamour to the Max: Highlights of the Most Jaw Dropping Celebrity Appearances
Celebrities as a class have always had an almost magical and mysterious appeal. We revere them for their talent, fashion, outlook, and of course glamour. Here, we’ll take a look at the some of the most eye-catching, jaw-dropping celebrity appearances on the red carpet.
Virgina Madsen – 59th Primetime Emmy Awards Madsen stunned onlookers with her vibrant, greenery-hued two-piece suit, with cropped trousers and ankle boots. Her Suzanne Kalan jewelry added to her look with vibrant reds and greens as an eye-catching contrast to the outfit.
Lupita Nyong’o – Governors Awards Lupita has always been at the vanguard of fashionable expression and with her gorgeous Gucci gown she graced the event. Its finely patterned organza entirety was finished with an off-shoulder top and full-leather gloves.
- Harry Styles – British Fashion Awards Showcasing his penchant for the bold, Styles pulled up in an all-black and sheer outfit from Gucci. His iconic blazer with gold embroidery and the house’s crystal loafers provided an understated centerpiece for the evening.
- Beyoncé – Met Ball Showing that motherhood had few adverse effects on her style, Beyoncé showed up to the Met Ball in a Damien Hirst and Givenchy-2-piece number. The look was finished off with an Olgana Paris bangle set.
From Gigi Hadid to Tracee Ellis Ross, there’s no denying that we’ve been blessed with some of the most stunning and elegant celebrity looks this year. We can only imagine what fashion inspirations these stars will bring us in 2020. But until then, let’s reflect on and enjoy the stylish and glamorous fashion moments these celebrities have brought us in 2019.