The dreaded shift from the 9-5 uniform of office wear to after-work drinks attire has often proven a difficult leap. To help you express your style as the drinks flow, this article provides inspiration and fashion advice to ensure you make the perfect transition from office to happy hour. With these tips, you can be sure you’ll always walk into the bar looking your very best.
1. Look Professional, Feel Fabulous
Making a good impression can be the key to unlocking unlimited opportunities. But staying on trend while exuding professionalism can be difficult. Here are a few suggestions on how to match the two!
- Power Suits: The quintessential smart wardrobe staple, power suits are the perfect compromise between boardroom and runway. With lots of options available, you can play with silhouettes and colors that suit your taste and the occasion.
- Jewelry: After you’ve got the clothes down, it’s time for a bit of extra flair. Jewelry is just the thing. From statement necklaces to understated earrings, you can give your ensemble an extra bit of sparkle and charm.
- Shoes: Lastly, it’s all about the shoes! Whether you’re into sky-high heels or more sensible flats, it’s a great opportunity to show off a bit of personality. And if you want to keep it simple, then a pair of classic pumps or brogues should do nicely.
Really, there’s no need to choose between professionalism and personal style. With a few well-selected pieces, you can shine in any setting. So go out there and show the world what you’ve got!
2. Rock Your Work Closet for a Smooth Transition
Tying everything together in your next career steps means ensuring you have the right toolkit or wardrobe to feel and look the part. Here’s how to :
- Shop for success – that special combination of relaxation and sharpness.
- Choose comfortable yet professional clothing.
- Think layers – invest in versatile tops like shirts and vests, that can be paired with trousers, jeans or skirts.
- Be mindful of the color palette – especially when it comes to interview looks.
Turning heads requires knowledge of key trends and what’s current for the season. When you’re more attuned to the biggest fashion hits of the year and the classic wardrobe staples, it’s much easier to look the part. Take a look at magazines, scroll through fashion blogs and take notes of the must-haves that can help you achieve a modern and professional look.
Defining your personal style also matters in this. Accept the fact that dressing well is a key for success. Combining this knowledge with your personality, you can build and define your personal style. That way, you can easily switch from classic professional looks when attending interviews to relaxed yet stylish looks for everyday work.
3. Nail the After-Work Look Without Breaking a Sweat
Work life can be hectic and busy at times. But that doesn’t mean you can’t look sharp and stylish when it’s time to unwind and meet up with friends after work. Here are some of our top tips to nail the after-work look, without breaking a sweat.
- Choose statement pieces. A standout blazer or a pair of statement shoes can transform a casual look to one that is perfect for going out. Opt for bold colors, prints or unusual textures.
- A good fit is key. It doesn’t matter how expensive or designer a piece is, it won’t look its best if it doesn’t fit your body shape properly. Invest in items tailored to fit your exact measurements.
- Layer with style. Layering your look is an easy way to look sharp, stylish and pulled together after work. Try pairing a simple tank top with a blazer or your dress with a fitted jacket.
By following these tips, you can easily achieve the perfect after-work look. Whether you’re going out for dinner with friends or a casual drinks session at the bar, you’ll look and feel your best.
4. Ace the After-Hours Attire, One Statement Piece at a Time
Create the perfect party look with one stylish statement piece. Get creative with a pop of colour from an eye-catching coat, bold boots, an intricate necklace, or an ice-cream inspired purse.
Our top tip? Opt for a classic pair of black jeans and white tee, jazzed up with the season’s must-have items. From a bow-tie belt to fun frocks, a signature item can easily turn a wardrobe staple into partywear.
- Play with colour – choose bright hues or warm pastels for a subtle touch
- Stay stylish – opt for statement pieces with modern lines and delicate detailing
- Layer up – add a light jacket for an effortless and timeless look
Cap off your look with chic but comfortable shoes, and you’ll be ready to make a statement at the after-hours party. Keep it elegant with heeled ankle boots, or rock a slingback pump for a classy-cool ensemble.
5. Dress to Impress: Comfortable and Stylish Happy Hour Gear
At happy hour, it’s not just about the entertainment or the company –– it’s also about the fashion! Show off those excellent style choices and be comfortable while you’re at it! Here are our top tips for choosing the perfect happy hour outfit that will keep heads turning.
Stick with basics. Choose pieces with simple cuts that fit you well and are comfortable. Aim for classics, sleekness, and the basics –– black pants, a blouse in a neutral color, and flats. You want to be comfy well into the night and prevent any wardrobe malfunctions.
Choose Your Footwear Wisely. Shoes can completely make or break any look. Heels can be a great choice for a night of dancing, but flats are usually a better choice for making it through the entire happy hour. Choose comfy flats or sandals that go with the majority of your wardrobe.
Be Colorful: Colorful, simple accessories like necklaces, earrings, and scarves can elevate any simple ensemble at a happy hour. Pick a bright color for a summery feel, or choose something subtle like pearls or silvers.
Choose Neutral Makeup Make sure your makeup is slightly muted, unless you’re aiming for a completely bold statement — no one wants to be that person! Neutral makeup will last through happy hour and it won’t take too much effort to touch up. It’ll make you look polished, even if you switched out of your bright colors! Don’t forget the mascara, some light eyeliner and your favorite lipstick!
As the workday concludes and happy hour approaches, don’t forget to check your mirror one final time. You’ll look just as stunning as ever, ready and raring to go from the boardroom to the bar. With these fashion tips in your back pocket, you’ll be able to transition with ease. Now all that’s left is for you to enjoy the evening, and raise a glass to the start of a fabulous night.