As temperatures start to rise, embrace the impending spring season with ten of the hottest trends in fashion. This year’s must-have styles are sure to keep you looking your best, while still being comfortable and fashionable. Get ahead of the game and try out these fashionable looks and be prepared to turn heads!
1. Springing into Fresh Fashion: 10 Must-Have Trends for the New Season
As the birds start to sing, the breeze warms and the days get longer, it’s time to ditch the winter cozy and kick-start those sartorial cogs of yours. Here are 10 must-have trends to refresh your wardrobe for the new season.
1. Shades of yellow: Brighten up any outfit with a hint of yellow. Mint greens, pastel pinks, and powdery blues combine with bold yellows for a soft, laid-back palette. Choose a button-up shirt or a skater-style dress with lemons and limes to get the look.
2. Jumpsuits for days: Whether it’s florals or stripes, jersey or velvet, jumpsuits are the easy, all-in-one option for spring. Choose a cinched waist with a slouchy silhouette for a comfortable but fashionable silhouette and finish with a pair of statement shoes.
- Wide-legged trousers
- Denim dresses
3. Go for the high shine: Make it sparkle this season with slick metallics and glossy finishes on everything from bags to sandals. Mix textures- leather and sequin, denim and gingham- for an eye-catching outfit with an exciting edge.
4. Pretty prints: Animal prints, geometric shapes, geometrical grids, pastels, and ginghams are all available for wild prints this season. Whether you choose a mix-and-match look or a tonal classic, there is a print for every style.
2. Step Out in Style: Pick a Spring Look that Suits Your Personality
Spring is the perfect time to explore new fashion trends that reflect your personality. Before you hit the stores and fill up your virtual carts, here are some tips to keep in mind when picking your spring look:
- Know Your Personal Style: Before you go shopping, know what look appeals to you the most. Think about your go-to looks and colors, and figure out which pieces will enhance your style.
- Invest in Quality: Invest in pieces that will last, rather than pieces that you may only wear once. Choose fabrics that don’t wrinkle easily and look for timeless styles that will stay in your closet for years to come.
- Stay Practical: Even if you love experimenting with trends, make sure your clothing still works for your lifestyle. If you don’t love heels, opt for a dress with a comfortable flat or some jeans with wedges.
The goal for the perfect spring wardrobe is to incorporate pieces that show off your personality. If you love bold colors, statement earrings, and fun prints, look for pieces to bring out your creative side. Or if you’re more of a minimalist, look for pieces that are simple, stylish, and timeless.
It’s also important to layer in order to transition from the cold winter months into the warmer spring days. Pair a sleeveless blouse with a cardigan or wear a lightweight dress over a pair of leggings. With the right pieces, you’ll be able to create comfortable and stylish outfit combinations year round.
3. Express Yourself Through Springtime Fabrics
When the warmer weather begins to hit, that’s a cue for us to start introducing fun patterns, bright colours, and fabulous fabrics into our wardrobes!
Nubby linens, loosely-woven cottons, textured silks – when you want to feel the fabric you’re wearing, you know what to reach for. Swaddled in these tactile delights, you’ll draw the eye when you enter a room.
Every spring wardrobe should feature a smattering of florals for that delicate, whispery feel. Let plenty of white show through if you appreciate a subtle, romantic look, or commit to larger, modern floral designs.
The easiness of pastels is hard to resist. Think lavender, mint, peach, and powder blue. They’ll find a home amongst all the other bright prints and muted solids in your wardrobe, and you’ll be able to pull together myriad different looks with these soft-hued options.
Now that you know what fabrics you can look for this spring, it’s time to go shopping! Let your creativity reign, and you’ll be sure to find something to express your style sense this season.
4. How Colors Capture Spring’s Vibrant Energy
With the new season in full bloom, vibrant colors appear everywhere you look. Although the world of technicolor has always existed, each spring it becomes impossible to ignore. Everywhere from the flowers that are making their triumphant arrival to the clothes we wear, colors play an important role in embodying the vibrancy of spring.
We often fail to realize the power that colors hold, but this is especially true during the spring. Whether you prefer hues of pink and purple or green and yellow, every color combination brings a unique energy to the season.
- Yellow: The bright and cheerful color of yellow evokes a sense of childlike joy, reminding us to take a step back and enjoy the beauty of spring.
- Pink: Soft and delicate, pink symbolizes femininity, laughter, and celebration.
- Green: Representing growth, fresh starts, and ambition, green brings a feeling of hopefulness and renewal as we enter the new season.
- Purple: With its deeper tones, purple conveys a sense of sophistication and transformation— something we all need as we transition into spring.
As you explore the natural world, allow future plans to unfold, and appreciate the beauty of the present, take a moment to soak up the delightful spring vibes brought forth by colors.
5. Don’t Be Afraid to Follow Unconventional Trends!
It’s easy to get stuck in a rut when it comes to fashion and trends. But, it’s important to be open to experimentation and to try out new and unconventional styles from time to time. You might just find that you love it! Here are some tips on how to go about it.
- Be Open to New Experiences: There’s no need to be scared of trying something new. Remember, trends come and go and it’s great to try new styles before everyone else.
- Think Out of the Box: Try to think outside the box and look for new ways to combine different elements to create unique and striking looks.
- Be Courageous: Don’t be afraid of making a statement. If there’s something you like, take a chance and wear it – even if everyone else may not understand it.
- Dress Bravely: Be proud to show off some of your more unusual outfits and hair-dos. This will give you confidence and help you stand out.
Nobody can predict what the future of style will be, but that doesn’t mean you have to hang back and wait until the trends have already come and gone. These unconventional styles can be great fun, exciting and a little daring. Why not give them a go? Who knows, you might end up being a trend-setter yourself!
Spring is just around the corner and it’s time to switch up your wardrobe. Give your look a refresh and try one of these must-have fashion trends for the season – they’re sure to impress. Keep your style fresh, fashionable and ready for anything this spring and beyond.